Eligibility and Details
- To be eligible to participate in this charity event (the “Event”), entrants must be financial advisors with a firm that has a selling agreement with NexPoint Securities, Inc. (“NexPoint) or an RIA
- Financial advisors/RIA must agree to play golf with an employee of NexPoint or one of its affiliates.
- The Event starts on November 1, 2020, at 8 a.m. ET, and ends at 8 p.m. PT on November 8, 2020.
- On November 10, 2020, winning teams will be selected based on four-ball golf, best ball.
- The event will be played pursuant to USGA rules.
- During the week of the event, advisors can check the scores of other teams online.
- Once all teams have played, the winning teams will be announced online at https://www.nexpointgroup.com/nexpoint-charity-golf-event
- The website above is a not publicly available. Only participants and NexPoint employees will be granted access.
- NexPoint reserves the right to change the rules and the aforementioned Event dates, as necessary.
How to Enter
- Complete the NexPoint Charity Golf Event Registration Form online (the “Entry Form”) by October 28, 2020.
- Each participant must complete and return the Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk attached hereto as Exhibit A (the “Release”) by October 28, 2020.
NexPoint is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
- Two winning teams will be selected and will receive prizes (each, a “Prize”) based on the foursome best ball Low Net and Low Gross as follows:
- Team with the lowest net score: NexPoint will make a $10,000 donation to the local charity of the team’s choice*. Each participant on the team will receive a North Face Tech Stretch Soft Shell Jacket
- Team with the lowest gross score: NexPoint will make a $2,000 donation to the local charity of the team’s choice*. Each participant on the team will receive a box of Titleist Pro-V-1 golf balls
* Charitable donations may not be made to organizations that (i) do not have a 501(c)(3) nonprofit status; (ii) do not comply with our Code of Conduct, including our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination; (iii) political organizations; or (iv) are for religious purposes.
- Other Prizes:
- Hole in One –
- $50,000 donation to a NexPoint-sponsored charity of the team’s choice
- Most Junk – NexPoint member shall record any team best ball scores (low gross or net) that qualify as Junk, which is limited to (i) a birdie (“birdie”) or par from (ii) a sand trap (“sandy”), (iii) after hitting a tree (“barky”), (iv) chipping in or hole out from off the green (“chippie”), or (v) after incurring a water hazard penalty (“sharky”)
- $1,000 donation to a NexPoint-sponsored charity of the team’s choice for team with highest number of “Junk” best ball scores
- Lowest Total Putts – NexPoint member shall record best ball player’s number of putts on each hole (i.e., player with lowest putt count between low net and low gross best ball shall be recorded)
- $1,000 donation to a NexPoint-sponsored charity of the winning team’s choice
- Closest to the Pin – NexPoint member shall record player closest to the pin on the last par three (must be on the green to count)
- $100 donation for each team’s winner to a NexPoint-sponsored charity of the winner’s choice
- Hole in One –
- Winners will be notified by email. Only participants who have timely submitted a completed Entry Form and Release are eligible to receive a Prize.
- Teams playing on a non-official course (such as Top Golf) are not eligible for a Prize.
- There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any Prize. NexPoint has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of a Prize is allowed.
- NexPoint is not liable if the provider of any part of the Prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the Prize.
- NexPoint is not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the Prize.
In claiming your Prize, you acknowledge that NexPoint has the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.